1/26/10

The Golden Rules


It amazes me how most of the time I learn things from people younger than me. And sometimes I even learn things from KIDS, aging 6 and 7 years old :)
But what I want to share now, is something I learned from a close friend of mine, who is two years younger than I am ... but he is waaaay smarter and ambitious than I am. He knows exactly what to do and what to say in almost every situation. He has plans to change the world. He even calls himself the "golden boy". We were talking about "being golden", and he told me that are rules that you first have to follow to be worthy of this title. Here are the Rules;

1. Don't use the words "giving up" or "trying" .... only "doing" and "taking actions".
2. People have the right to say what they want, and you have the right to listen to what YOU want.
3. Try to help people every time by putting your hands in theirs, and pulling them up, but when you feel that people are pulling you down, don't hesitate to leave their hands.
4. Do what you believe in only, not what people forces you to believe, and know that you are different than all other people. (and if they ask you "why?", tell them Einstein's teacher was less intelligent than him").
5. When you have a dream be sure you can achieve it any time any where .... Just believe in it!

That's all. I wish to be the "golden girl" one day :)

3 comments:

Asmaa said...

:) sub7ana Allah :) you crossed my mind - well.. your blog did, as you're always there :D i miss that blog, let's see the latest news as i am out of FB for a while.. bas makontish motakhayyella enny hala2y 7aga le embare7 we elnaharda - monday and tuesday i mean :D:D:D

luv u fi Allah awi ya yomna :)

Asmaa said...

you're one of those golden girls :) believe me :) and i am one of them too :D:D:D --high self-esteem ;) - just feeling different :D:D :):):)

- wanna my own opinion? everyone of us is unique, we just dont realize that.. trying to become someone else.. tending to rise to our level of incompetence.. -- this is different from pinpointing our mistakes and dealing with them...

having different qualities, we can cooperate together to get things done.. else, "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are" --Kurt Cobain

-- Hats off to you and to everyone you know :)

Bateekha said...

Asmaaaa :)
Oh my God! I didn't know that you read my blog, that's an honour walahy..la2 w kaman you're following ya3ny :) I haven't written here in a while, but I just decided to get back and make it a regular thing to write something everyday.

I loved your comments :) AKID you are a golden girl, I wish to be like you :) you inspire me aslan!
I love this Kurt Cobain quote :) do you know that he committed suicide at the end of his life? if only he followed his own advice!

luv u fi Allah awi awi ya Asmaa :)