6/12/09

Self-Discpline !


Self-Discipline! This topic that I’ve been running into a lot lately, or let me say, this word that has been stalking me lately, as if trying to draw my attention that it’s time for a change.

Self-Discipline! From what I read, it says that we have different selves. Some of them are in contrast with each other, resulting in what they call “Inner Conflict”. One part of you may want you to work and be productive, while the others want you to lay back, be lazy, and have fun.
Hmmm I didn’t have to wonder much about myself, my lazy self always wins!

They say it’s not about YOU not wanting to do a certain thing, it’s just “a part” of you doesn’t want to do this thing, there’s another part that WANTS to do it. Your mission is to bring those two parts in harmony..

Another interesting thing I’ve read is that all our lives we are told what to do by our parents, teachers, professors and bosses. By the time we get the first chance to tell ourselves what to do, our “self-discipline muscle” is weak, because it hasn’t been exercising for long !

I'm planning to post another post talking about techniques to become self-disciplined, and I'd be more than glad if whoever comes across this page wants to share any useful techniques :)

Sources:
Self-Discipline in 10 Days.
The Road Less Traveled.

1 comment:

Miss Independent Y.A. said...

i like the way it has been written...its professional writing....and its so true:)
Keep on the good work...